As a practicing attorney, John dedicated the majority of his 50-year practice to labor relations, employment discrimination and employment at-will law, and he was rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell for his years in the field. At this point in his career, he believes that the most effective use of his skills and experience is served as a mediator/arbitrator in labor and employment issues and disputes. His interest in this path is based, in great part, upon his experience which qualifies him to hear and decide issues fairly and justly in a neutral, objective, and unbiased manner.
John’s experience consists of all manner of mediation and arbitration issues under the labor agreements. As a result of his role in hundreds of arbitration cases, he clearly understands, believes in, and supports the individual roles of the parties and the arbitrator in reaching a fair and correct solution to the various disputes presented in arbitration.
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., 1965
- The Ohio State University, B.S., 1962, Business Administration
United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
- Adjunct Professor, Antioch College, McGregor School of Business (January, 2006 to present) – teaching labor relations, collective bargaining, and arbitration; Referee, Ohio Department of Education – teacher termination cases (2005 to present)
- Faculty Lecturer, Lorman Education Service and Council on Education in Management – Various Employment Topics (1993 to present)
- National Council, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University (Member – 1981 to present)
- Kettering Civil Service Commission (Member 1978 to 1979)
- Hamilton Civil Service Commission, Hearing Officer (1980 to 1981)
- National Association of College & University Attorneys (Member 1986 to present)
- Dayton, Ohio and American Bar Associations, Labor Relations Subcommittees (Member)